Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Where Have I Been?

You may be asking yourself that question since it has almost been 2 months since my last post.  The picture on the left will answer part of that question.  This is our new "home away from home."  It is not our first.  We upgraded from a hybrid (part travel trailer-part fold out/pop up) to this 31 foot travel trailer.  It takes less than half the time to set up as our old camper and is very nice.  It has a slide out on the other side that contains the kitchen and sofa (not huge but adds a great deal of room).  The nice thing is that I don't have to climb over the dinette to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  We have taken it out on 2 trips and are planning a 3rd soon.

A few months ago (March to be exact) I taught my first "learn to knit class" at the Crafting Stop in Franklin, VA.  With the warm weather there has been a lull in knitting so I haven't had any more "gigs."  Last week I got an email requesting my teaching services again at the Crafting Stop.  In just one evening I created, wrote the pattern, and knit the scarf you see on the left.  I call it the "Fuzzy, Braided Cable Scarf"  and the pattern will be available soon.  Check the blog again soon for the pattern.  I will be teaching how to knit cables using this pattern.  The yarn, Lion Brand Quick & Cozy, is awesome for this type of pattern.  It is soft, fluffy, and works up so quickly you will be done before you know it.  On another note, the valet you see the scarf wrapped around is a new purchase for my photos and display.  My wife found it at Goodwill for $7.50, a steal I think.  This is the first time I have used it and it seems to work very well.
To the left you see a stole I have been meaning to block for almost 2 months.  It is a retirement gift for a friend and she will hopefully get it Tuesday.  It is modeled after the "Scribble" shawl from Mason Dixon Knitting.  I hate the idea of  changing yarn every 2 - 4 rows so I created my version.  The yarn is "Tides" from Universal (discontinued I think), but any thick and thin yarn would do for this shawl/stole.  The pattern for this will also be coming soon.  Please look for it on Ravelry.   It is to be named "Evening Walk on the Beach Stole."  It will be an inexpensive pattern and the drape is wonderful.


I have more to share, but will save for another day this week.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment