Friday, February 18, 2011

Crochet Shawl and Updates

Hi all just wanted to show off pics of my crocheted shawl.  It is in Bernat Mosaic which is very much like an expensive Japanese yarn we all know and love.  My very lovely daughter is modeling.  For those of you who read this week, I have posted pictures of the Taylor Swift inspired slouchy hat on Wednesday's post.  (I will try to  post them here as well).   I also updated the Peppermint Hot CoCowl to include a new yarn that is more readily available.  (Pic also below.)
Peppermint Hot CoCowl in Charisma (from Michael's)
Slouchy hat (pattern available on Ravelry)

Taylor Swift inspired Slouchy hat

On to a nice surprise...  I travel quite a bit for a teacher.  When I go out I like to find new yarn shops to visit, so I Google them to see where they are and email them so that they will know I am traveling and wish to visit while I am there.  I received an email today from a shop I am planning to visit next month while at a teacher's conference.  They asked if I would be a "guest teacher" while I am visiting!  I was shocked, flattered, and thrilled!  I am thinking of what I can teach as I write this.  I will keep you posted as the date comes closer and what might work out as a second "career" in the teaching world.

Keep a closely knit family and your love will never unravel.

1 comment: